Monday, August 1, 2011

August already?

What to report the past week......well, my last day down on the project was this weekend. My training supervisor decided to bring myself and the other guy that is in the same class as me back up to class since we were suppose to start a new section this week after the midterm that everyone else had to take. Well, I think that plan just got changed today since the test got moved to Monday. Good/bad thing now is that I will take part of the test with them, which I guess will gauge how much I remember of things that I learned six months ago.

I don't think I have much else really of interest to report. I went on a hunt to find the older covers of the book series A Song of Fire and Ice by George R. R. Martin. I am on the hunt for these because I don't really like the new covers. I know, a somewhat lame reason, but that's all I got and I'm sticking with it. I also ended up buying more books in series that I have from Borders that they still had after the initial rush of customers going to the stores to get "good" deals.

I also saw Captain America this weekend. It was actually pretty good. I dont' remember much from the comics, but I would have to say that Captain America was much better than Green Lantern. Just a better story overall and during the credits, it brought back the old fashion cartoons and newspaper feel. If you stay to the end of the credits, there is something at the end of the movie as well.

The last thing I guess I have to talk about is some questions that I have been posed and I guess fully don't know how to Biblically base the answer. One the question being about tattoos after becoming a Christian. Personally, I find tattoos fine as long as they aren't outrageous or distracting. In some ways, it is a reminder for some people they should always live their life for God. I'm fine with small tattoos, tattoos that are not worldly based or a blatant worship of the devil. The counter argument is that your body is a temple for God. True in that respect. I just don't know 100% wise if tattoos are specifically forbidden to Christians. Second thing is, I guess the next "big" event for prophesy watchers is the Feast of Trumpets that is happening I believe the 23rd of September. It has to do with that time and also a comet in the sky that aligns in a certain way. It's beyond what I 100% care about since it was mixing astrology and guessing to the maximum, but the family that I have sometimes talked about, brought it up and was going crazy about it. They spend pretty much all day reading websites that are about prophesy, watching TV and sermons on it, and I think also read the Bible. It just seems that they are "closet" Christians in that they just talk and study and not actually go out sharing the good news. The excuse is that "I just don't know enough". I personally feel that it is on par with the Pharisees trying to know everything and being experts, but not doing what we are called to do, which is to share the Gospel to the lost. I still have to think on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment