Monday, August 29, 2011

Old computer screens are a pain

I have nothing really of importance to report for this last week. One of my friends was going to Maui for the weekend, which yes, I am jealous that I didn't think about doing something like that. Instead I worked for  10 hours on Saturday and pretty much sat around all day. Yes, gotta love the government, getting paid a lot to sit around. I guess in a way, I'm earning back my taxes......and at the same time contributing right back to it.

I do have to say, I watched all of HBO's Game of Thrones TV series this weekend, and it does follow the first book rather closely. Granted like all movies/TV series based on a book, there are liberties taken. From what I saw, there wasn't too many huge ones that alters the story dramatically.

Lastly, I went to the optomist to get my eyes checked since I needed a prescription to get glasses. I wanted to get glasses because I stare at old computer screens all the time. Yes, the really old CRT screens and I can see the refresh rate on the screen. It just hurts my eyes too much, so went to go get prescription. I ended up getting the glasses at Costco since their frames were much cheaper than at Kaiser. Granted Kaiser had big name brands and all, but I didn't really like most of the frames there and the prices were mostly double or more than that of Costco. Besides, I now just need to file some paperwork, and I should be able to get paid back for the glasses, the glasses visit, and also my dentis visit that I had earlier this month.

Oh also I will be in Colorado/Kansas this weekend. I don't know if I will make it to Golden though. I'm mostly there for a wedding that is in Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment