Monday, October 24, 2011

Can you believe October is almost gone?

This year has just flown bye. Where has it gone? So we are almost at the end of October. I guess next week technically is the last week, but who is going to remember Halloween? 

Last week I had the opportunity to shadow my boss. Well, my bosses boss boss. The head of Nuclear power at Pearl. It was a great experience. It was great to know that there is a senior manager at the shipyard that actually cares for the betterment of the shipyard and the long term stability of the shipyard. It's not all about hiring just the locals and all or just not hiring at all. He at least sees the need to continue to hire new "blood" into the shipyard since there is going to be a high retirement turnover coming up in the next few years. Not only did he care about the people aspect, but also the environment and the community basis as well. Overall, I had a great time shadowing him, and I got breakfast and lunch out of the ordeal. Pretty nice bonus I think. 

Friday, I went out with friends again to Shokudo Japanese Restaurant and Bar and then somehow got talked into going to Apartment 3 afterwards (a lounge). The dinner was a great time. There were 13 of us total that went and we just have an overall great time. The food is really good there and decently priced. If you like Japanese food, I would suggest it. Apartment 3 was....interesting. It wasn't that busy actually which was surprising. It was a good atmosphere and good times with friends. There was only 7 of us that went there after dinner. 

Saturday I had a nice relaxing day. I haven't had one of those in a long time either. It was such a blessing. Just being lazy and all. USC beat Notre Dame and then also UH won their homecoming game. I watched a bit of the UCS/ND game, but zero of the UH game. 

Sunday, I had ultimate league and we played savage. It sucked, best thing was that we only had to play 2 games instead of 3 games. We technically only had 5-6 players so we were had to borrow some players. Playing savage though is pretty horrible since you have no substitutes, but I guess you get to play more so that was a plus. I also got to hang out on the sidelines with some friends afterwards when some teams had to play a third game (makeup game from one of the weeks before). 

I will try to remember to put some pictures of the food from Friday, but I don't guarantee anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment