Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July weekend.


I know this is a bit of late post from my normal routine. Only excuse is that it was a holiday and that I was travelling. 

First off I went came to Colorado/Wyoming for a wedding of a good friend from college, Michael Deal. He and his now wife Laura Deal (formally Laura Burke) had an amazing wedding up in Casper, WY where they both grew up. I did not know this, Laura's family is huge and they can be a bit overwhelming at times. You either have to gradually get involved with the family or just get them in small doses. They also had this amazing dog named Solomon who was a white mix. Good thing, I didn't wear black too much because he was shedding everywhere. 

The wedding took place at St. Anthony's Church which the building was pretty amazing and rather old. The acoustics in the church were interesting as well, and the PA system just bounced off of the walls and high ceilings at times. 


I didn't take any pictures during the wedding, that would have just been a bit weird during the wedding. They did have a professional photographer and videographer capture their wedding though. I was also a part of their wedding, in that I walked down with some water from Golden. Mike and Laura wanted to mix water from the six major parts of their life symbolizing a new start with their mixing of the water after saying their vows. 


The wedding reception was at the Casper Petroleum Club. Nice old building with some heritage to it. Funny thing is they post the current prices of oil, coal, and uranium when you come into the building. Below are some pictures of the cake, the grooms cake and glasses with the bride and groom's name engraved. 




For someone that can't really dance, or that I didn't know that he could dance, my friend Mike did a really good job dancing at the reception. Also, I do have to say that Laura's dress was amazing.





Besides from pictures, I had to get evidence that Mike danced at his wedding with his beautiful wife. 


After coming back from WY, I got to spend a short few days in Colorado. I went and visited Golden and looked at the new construction of the place. I just ended up taking two pictures of the new Brown Building expansion and the street demolotion of 16th street. The webcam pictures on the Mines website doesn't give good justice I think. There is suppose to be a fountain in the cul-de-sac area as seen in the second picture. Hopefully it looks good in the end. I believe that the expansion of Brown is already getting moved into. I should have taken some pictures of the new dorm, but I didn't. 



I also saw fireworks at the Aurora Mall with some friends. Overall, it was a good time in Colorado. Dry heat is pretty amazing, but the allergies are a killer. I just wish I could have stayed a bit longer in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment