Monday, July 11, 2011

Simplicity of Jesus

So it hit me yesterday while I was sitting in church on how unsimple the notion of Jesus has become. Churches make other things priorities other than Christ. Whether it be numbers attending, how many become Christians at altar calls, or how great the music is. What has become the focus of the church. Was the message good? Was it too long? Was it too short? The question that should be asked to each one of us, did the message lead me to God. That is the key, everything that we do should bring our worship to God. If it goes somewhere else, then it is totally worthless.

The other thing was that I should be happy with where God lead me to. Sure, I wanted to work somewhere else, and not for the government that takes forever to do anything. Sure the government spends money on fruitless things and we don't understand what the rational behind it is. But for me, I should be seeking more on why God brought me here. That should be my focus and then once found, I should expound on it and make the best of the situation that he has brought me into until he moves me somewhere else.

So the simplicity of Jesus is as the name portrays: Quite simple. The gospel, the good news, the Bible all leads to Jesus. Whether in the old testament or the new testament, it all points back to the man named Jesus Christ who came to save us. We were sinners, he died for us, he bought us with his blood, he was buried for our transgressions, and he was resurrected to give us a power over death.

No comments:

Post a Comment