Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer fun

Highlights from my week..... I didn't have to work this weekend! I went to see Super 8, which was much better than I thought it would be. Just relaxed this weekend. Got a hold of my two friends that are having weddings in the next couple of months, one this coming weekend. Went on a scavenger hunt for a gift for my friend, I thought it would be easy, but you know it was more difficult than I thought it would have been. The swap meet is an amazing place though. I also went to a liquidation sale, which I thought was going to be pretty cool, but it ended up being such a dud. The admittance ticket of the Blaisdell Center though is quite plain and it seems like you are just paying for the fancy ticket.


So at the swapmeet, this was the most interesting thing I saw. Yes, that is some teenage guys wearing Pokemon backpacks. I couldn't miss the opportunity of capturing that on "film" 


I was also thinking about going to the state fair this weekend, since it was the last weekend that it was open. This was as close as I got to it though since my friends said it was lame. It looked pretty lame everytime I drove past it as well.


My scavenger hunt ended with the to pictures below. The first (the cross) was rather difficult to find and only one booth at the swap meet sold crosses that were of any decency. The cross is made up of rosewood and made here locally in the islands. My friend that this is for asked for a cross or something from hawaii. I found that somewhat weird, but cool at the same time since he isn't really the religious type at all. The second is self explanatory, it's just to help welcome people into their home or something like that to be put in their kitchen or above a door. Their choice really.



As a side note, learning how to program a website is harder than I thought. It's probably because I don't really like programming that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment