Monday, May 16, 2011

It's that time of year again, people graduating, spring time, and summer. Along with summer, I guess a lot of "relaxation" and just having fun. So what to do this summer? Well, it's the first "summer" that I have had after graduating and have a "real" job. In a sense I guess it is a lot different because instead of going home, and getting a job for 3 months and not doing any homework, on in the case of last summer, research all summer, I instead just continue what I do all the time work.

Now work is going pretty well. I worked both days this weekend and will probably come up on the 13 consecutive rule again. But that's fine with me, having a day off. One day off and in what we are doing is better than a few days because you just kinda forget what day it is and don't have a huge break in and lose track of what we are doing. Down side is, you can just get burned out really fast.

There has been this theme that I have been running into throughout the last weeks when doing devotions and that is one of discipleship. I think it's on of those things that just gets put on the back burner with most Christians these days, in that we are worried about ourselves and not actually share what we have learned with others. I some how became a part of a group on Facebook (click here) that was started with some high schoolers guys at my church. I don't know how I came to, but I guess this is the opportunity that God wants me to run with for right now. You should join it and add your input and all.

Last thing, there are things that God brings into our lives or we pray for things. I would have to say that we as Christians in America are spoiled. That's right, I said it, we are spoiled. We get pretty much everything we want and we live in luxury. We don't experience persecution on a daily basis, and sure our Christian "rights" in the country are disappearing each year. But do we do anything about it? No, we just sit around and take it how it comes. Things that God sometimes brings into our lives that we ask for, we need to fight for it. Things are not always just given to us because then how could we grow and do things to glorify His name? The things that God brings into our lives or brings us opportunities, we need to fight for all of it, just like the Israelites had to fight for the Promised Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment