Monday, May 2, 2011

Destroying Enemies

The US has accomplished a goal that it set out about 10 years ago. I guess later than never is the saying for our country. Osama Bin Laden was killed Sunday night if you are in the dark. The Navy Seals went in along with the CIA into Pakistan to kill Osama Bin Laden. Now there could be some repercussions from this since we did not ask permission to enter and well all of Bin Laden followers will want revenge. We have an increased terror alert now thanks to the raid and also I have to point out, we no longer know who is in charge of Al Queda. There will be a vacuum to fill and now we will spend billions of more dollars trying to find the new leader. It will be interesting to see what the next few months bring for us. 

I've been working in shift work all this past week sometimes to midnight. So all my friends on the east coast, I might be going to bed when you are getting up. Scary right? I also worked this entire weekend in which I was at work when they announced that Bin Laden had been killed. The only good thing (and bad I guess) is that I won't be able to work more than 13 days consecutively. It's a rule at the shipyard/government which I guess can be good and bad. 

Coming off of the Easter weekend, do we still remember what the cross is. What other things do we need to give God permission to invade and wipe out in our lives? That has been an interesting thing over the last week to think about. I have thought of many things and just meditating in the Word, I have found that it just brings things to light that we overlook everyday. More so I think as the National Day of Prayer comes upon us this week. Granted most of my friends at Mines are looking more towards Thursday for being the last day of class this year, or maybe if they are lucky (as in Seniors) in the college career. But we should also look forward to this thursday as a day of Prayer. Prayer is the least thought of and done in worship to God, well I believe. It's something that we all, myself included, never seem to find time to do. Just think though, it is our way to have a conversation to God. More and more I have found myself just praying when I'm at work, especially when I have not much to do but to sit around waiting for a test procedure to start or a walkthrough to start. I just find this refreshing and relaxing to some degree. So, I would encourage you this thursday to join millions of others in the National Day of Prayer, even if you are busy with school, or work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment