Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Da Jesus Book

So one of my housemates got one the of the best books that I have seen. She found a Bible (Da Jesus Book) in Hawaii Pidgin. It's interesting to see that Wycliffe has decided that Hawaii Pidgin has enough cultural difference and language that like other languages, the Bible is translated into said language from the Greek. For those that don't know what Hawaii Pidgin is or how it sounds/reads, see the except below. The except is of John 3:16, so if you can't understand it, you can make the comparison with a translation that you can understand. 


I believe Wycliffe is in the works of translating the Old Testament. I think I have found my way to learn Hawaii Pidgin. It is interesting for sure. So, those that have heard me say that it is sometimes hard to understand the locals here, now you know why it is hard to understand them. Just imagine them speaking fast with this English "grammar". 

No comments:

Post a Comment