Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year, New plans

So, I flew home on Tuesday, found out that we had class that day, great right, missed one day of work and have to make up 4 hours of class. Oh well. It wasn't that bad actually, well I hope at least. The rest of the week went by pretty fast since it was like 3 days at work! On the weekend, I went hiking on the North shore at Keana point with a friend. I didn't realize that it was a somewhat long hike. If you want, you can hike around the tip. It's also one of those places that you can go "4 wheeling". I had to avoid getting hit by cars. The preserve though at the tip was pretty cool. The preserve is for these pretty large birds seen below. 


There is a small "lookout" at the point, but I thought the view was the main thing that was awesome. You can see the West side of the island from there, and if you look the other way, you can see the North side of the island. 


The water view was pretty nice. There were tide pools all over the place and the waves were a decent size. I need to get the photo from my friend that he took of me, he is just a bit slow on sending it to me. 


On our way back, we saw a monk seal come up from the ocean onto land. It was pretty cool to see it come out of the water. If you look closely, you can see it. It kinda blends in with the sand and rocks in the foreground. 


I also totally forgot that I was suppose to be at my "Uncle's" birthday party. I was about to order dinner with my friend at a Saimen place when my other uncle called to ask where I was. Well, needless to say, we had to leave the restaurant and I had to go home, change clothes to something decent and then rush down to town to get to dinner. I actually only missed the soup and salad part of the meal, but I quickly caught up. Yep, it was a good time with the family and extended family

Lastly, I finally got a used surfboard last night. I was going to get it for $50, but when I went out there to meet the seller, she ended up giving it to me for free! Now I just have to get a leash for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment