Monday, November 21, 2011

In a cloud

The last week was, let's just say a bit tiring. Work was pretty good, took a test, preparing for another test that is next week. That's just my life right now, test after test after test. This Friday, instead of going out to dinner with friends, I instead went to eat at my Aunt and Uncle's. I ended up having three helpings of food plus two desserts. I was pretty full. 

I also went to a memorial service for my grandmother's sister. She past away at the beginning of the month. The memorial service was very nice. It was graveside and short and a Christian ceremony which was uplifting. I hope I get to see Aunty May again someday. After the funeral, we went to have lunch which was pretty good. We only had I believe 4 courses instead of 7 which was good, since we had left overs as it was. I didn't go back to work after the funeral which was pretty nice actually.

Saturday was my very much lazy day. I didn't do much. I gave a double of platelets at the blood bank and then just went down to the mall to walk around and such. I saw some guys doing some parkour at the park across from the mall and watched them for a while. Other than that, I spend the day being very lazy which was actually very enjoyable. 

Sunday I went and hiked Mt. Ka'ala which is the highest peak on O'ahu. I actually didn't make it to the top on Sunday because we were climbing in a cloud with it raining on us and we got to a point where we didn't know where the trail went, so we decided for safety reasons, not to continue until it was better conditions to try to hike it again. The views and the scenery were amazing though. It was so green and nice on the hike, well at least at the bottom part of the hike. As you got higher, it started getting more wet since we were climbing into a cloud. I don't know much else to say about it. I'm not really wanting to write a lot this week.....sorry. 

Enjoy Thanksgiving this Thursday. Remember to be thankful for everything that has been given to you. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment