Monday, September 26, 2011

Past two weeks.

So I didn't write a detail of what I did last week, so I guess this will be a double, that is if I can remember things that have happened.

I will just hit the highlights though, from last week, I went kayaking and hiking with my roommates. Call it a bonding experience of the sorts. We kayaked out to Chinaman's Hat on the Windward side of the island. After reaching the island, we hiked up to the top of Chinaman's Hat. It actually wasn't a bad hike at all, except that I was in sandals. I would suggest that you not do it in sandals. Other than that, there was a nice small vertical climb at the top. There is also a geographical marker that is at the top of the climb. I will work on getting some pictures up from our trip to Chinaman's Hat. After the kayak back to the beach we went to a restaurant on the Windward side of the island. I went and got some Donkey Balls (chocolate covered macadamia nuts) which are very delicious. Right before the restaurant though, we saw a tow truck backing up towards the beach and we were all confused. Well, we looked a bit closer and saw that there was a car in the ocean. Yes, you heard me right, a car in the ocean. There was an accident and a car decided to go into the ocean (maybe not by driver's choice). It was ironic though that the car went into the ocean where there were two mirrors for the blind driveway entrance, which I'm assuming was the reason for the mirrors--to prevent an accident from happening.

I have also taken 2 tests in the last two weeks. I believe I did alright, but we will see on the last one still. Cramming was never my style and you have to do that to get everything in your brain in time. I think they are just setting us up for failure and they are fine with doing that.

Last week, not much happened really of total importance. I went out with friends on Friday night at The Counter, a great gourmet hamburger place. I would highly recommend it if you come out here or if you find yourself in a state that it is also in. Their sweet potatoes fries are amazing. You can build your own burger, or just order one of their menu items or the special for the month. I also got to try their Red Velvet Cake shake. Yes, you heard me right. It was rather great, and filling at the same time.  Saturday, I went to a housewarming party that my coworkers were putting on. They had just moved into a new house (renting) and we had a good time overall. They had gotten a keg of Blue Moon, which was pretty surprising. Their house was also pretty nice. I was only going to stay an hour though, but 2.5 hours later, I found myself finally leaving.

Sunday I played in my first three games of the Fall Ultimate League. I would say, my two friends that I talked into playing with me and myself are the "newest" league members. I definitely was treated as I was a total n00b and didn't know how to play Ultimate. Granted I haven't played super competitive for some time now, but I still know how to play rather well. I just need to brush up on all of the rules that have changed since the last time I read them. Needless to say, I had a great time. We won one game, and lost the other two. We didn't lose that bad though. I attributed the last game loss to the fact that the "veterans" just started throwing it to the same people all the time, therefore the other team always knew which people to cover and which people not to cover. Classic game playing. I do have to say though, that playing roughly 4 hours of Ultimate will give you a good sign to say if you are in shape or not. I didn't do too bad, which I'm actually really surprised by. I am a bit sore though today.....I also was playing in brand new cleats, so I'm still working on breaking those in. I'm looking forward to playing 3 games a weekend, hopefully not in such hot weather though, and getting to know my friends better that I got to sign up with me as well. I also have mostly decided to play in a tournament Veteran's Day weekend (for those who don't know when that is, it is 11-11-11).

No comments:

Post a Comment